Geist Christian Church & Christmas Season of Giving
You can provide assistance to families in the community for Christmas by purchase gifts for children, making a donation to buy hams and fresh produce and/or fill food bags or stockings. Download and print a food or stocking list here. Monetary donations for hams and fresh produce can be made here. If you would like a family off the tree, and are not attending in person worship, please contact Deb Strock-Kuss, email@example.com or Kyle Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will email the child’s wish list on their angle tag. ALL ITEMS ARE DUE BACK TO THE CAMPUS FROM WHICH IT WAS TAKEN ON Monday, DECEMBER 14. There are plenty of opportunities to serve this holiday season, and we hope you will find a way to give back this holiday season.
Geist Christian Church provides numerous opportunities for the members of its congregation to positively impact those in our community. Explore the list and see what fits! Contact email@example.com with questions and information on how to participate.
- Ronald McDonald House (Serving dinner twice a month to families of children at Riley Hospital)
- Dayspring Center (Serving dinner twice a month to families in transitional housing)
- The Sharing Place (Sorting, shelving and assisting families at a food pantry in Lawrence)
- Prison Ministry (Providing worship on the fourth Sunday of the month at the Correctional Industrial Facility)
- Dress for Success / Danny’s Closet of Hope (Accepts donations of professional clothes to those in need)
Outreach Projects & Events
- ‘Season of Giving’ Holiday Families
- Blood Drives
- Week of Compassion
- Operation Find and Feed
Local Food Pantry Support
- The Mud Creek Campus supports The Sharing Place in Lawrence Township
- The Promise Road Campus supports the Come to Me Food Pantry in Fishers
- See the food pantry displays at each campus which includes more information about each food pantry, lists of needed items as well as collection bins.
Week of Compassion
Geist Christian Church supports Week of Compassion, the relief, refugee and development mission fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). They seek to equip and empower disciples to alleviate the suffering of others through disaster response, humanitarian aid, sustainable development and the promotion of mission opportunities. They respond to disasters and humanitarian need in the United States and around the world.