Geist Christian Church COVID-19 Response
Our congregation’s Easter Season of Giving outreach efforts certainly hit a roadblock and have to take a different route this year. The needs of others in our community are still just as prevalent. In fact, the need is even greater as the days turn to weeks of isolation and quarantine due to COVID-19. Easter is not just a season. Easter is a way of life for us. We are an Easter people! As you are able, please consider reaching out to help those affected by this pandemic. Go here to download ways you can respond.
Geist Christian Church provides numerous opportunities for the members of its congregation to positively impact those in our community. Explore the list and see what fits! Contact email@example.com with questions and information on how to participate.
- Ronald McDonald House (Serving dinner twice a month to families of children at Riley Hospital)
- Dayspring Center (Serving dinner twice a month to families in transitional housing)
- The Sharing Place (Sorting, shelving and assisting families at a food pantry in Lawrence)
- Prison Ministry (Providing worship on the fourth Sunday of the month at the Correctional Industrial Facility)
- Dress for Success / Danny’s Closet of Hope (Accepts donations of professional clothes to those in need)
Outreach Projects & Events
- ‘Season of Giving’ Holiday Families
- Blood Drives
- Week of Compassion
- Operation Find and Feed
Local Food Pantry Support
- The Mud Creek Campus supports The Sharing Place in Lawrence Township
- The Promise Road Campus supports the Come to Me Food Pantry in Fishers
- See the food pantry displays at each campus which includes more information about each food pantry, lists of needed items as well as collection bins.
Week of Compassion
Geist Christian Church supports Week of Compassion, the relief, refugee and development mission fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). They seek to equip and empower disciples to alleviate the suffering of others through disaster response, humanitarian aid, sustainable development and the promotion of mission opportunities. They respond to disasters and humanitarian need in the United States and around the world.